Scope of Services
AAPA provides anesthesia for every age group, from premature infants to people over 100 yrs old. We provide anesthesia for a wide range of surgical procedures, from simple outpatient procedures to complex trauma, brain or heart surgeries.
Each year, our anesthesiologists and CRNAs expertly perform an estimated:
• 800 neurosurgical (brain and spinal cord) procedures
• 750 heart surgeries and 1,000 major vascular (blood vessel) surgeries
• 10,000 procedures for pediatric patients
• 9,000 orthopedic procedures
We will listen to your concerns and work with you to provide the best experience possible. Never hesitate to contact us if you have questions about your anesthetic.
- Open heart surgery
- Procedures in the cardiac suite: defibrillator testing, cardioversions, ablations for arrythmias, and diagnostic procedures.
- Trans-esophageal echocardiography (TEE): a special procedure performed to provide the anesthesiologist and cardiac surgeon with detailed information about your heart.
- Non-invasive heart surgery for valvular heart disease.
- We provide anesthesia care for both pediatric and adult trauma patients with injuries ranging from minor to life-threatening.
- Our trauma care begins in the emergency room and continues through the operating room and during your recovery.
- Pain control during labor: Your epidural is always performed by a board certified anesthesiologist.
- An anesthesiologist is in hospital and immediately available for emergencies or to provide interventions to relieve labor pain.
- Our anesthesiologists are highly trained and experienced in ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia techniques.
- Whenever possible, a nerve block will be used to minimize pain after your orthopedic procedure.
- Anesthesia for your child is provided by a team that is experienced in the care of children.
- A team of anesthesiologists and CRNAs who have specialized training in pediatric anesthesia will provide care to children with serious or complex health concerns.
- Over 36,500 anesthetics are performed each year at our outpatient surgery centers.
- Both adults and children are safely cared for at our outpatient facilities.
- The same level of care is provided to you in the outpatient setting as in the hospital. The highest standard of care is provided at every TCAA site.
- Whether your procedure lasts a few minutes or many hours, you will be provided with the highest quality and safest anesthesia care possible.
- Our teams are experienced in providing anesthesia to patients with complex or serious health concerns.